Uthini.co.za may contain links to third-party websites or applications. Uthini is not responsible for the information practices or the content of such third-party websites or applications. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of third-party websites and applications to understand their information practices.
If you choose to make use of Uthini’s services (“our services”), we may require you to provide contact and identity information, billing information, and other personal information as indicated on our user interfaces, including on Uthini.co.za. Once you register on or make a purchase via Uthini.co.za, you are no longer anonymous to us.
We may collect and store the following information:
- Information you give us, including contact information (such as your name, company name, address, phone number, e-mail address and similar contact data);
- Access credentials such as passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
- Automatic information, such as computer sign-on data, browser type, browser language, statistics on page views, traffic to and from our user interfaces and ad data. We may use identifiers such as “cookies” and Web beacons to obtain this automatic information.
- Location data, which may be precise or imprecise. Precise location data may be Global Positioning System (GPS) data and/or data identifying nearby cell towers and Wi-Fi hotspots. Imprecise location data includes, for example, a location derived from your IP address or data that indicates where you are located with less precision, such as at city or postal code level.
- Discussion board posts and other messages, including your correspondence with us. Our communications will include notices about your account (for example, change in password or payment method, confirmation e-mails and other transactional information) and information concerning or related to our service. These communications are part of your relationship with Uthini and receive them as part of your use of Uthini’s services;
- General information regarding the services you have registered to receive; and
- Information from third-party providers and services to help Uthini provide our services and to help us understand the use of our services
We do not store the following information in the regular course of business:
- Credit card information.
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
We may use your personal information to:
- Provide and improve our services;
- Resolve disputes, calculate and collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- Verify users’ identity and the information users provide;
- Encourage a safe online experience and enforce our policies;
- Customise users’ experience, analyse site usage, improve and measure interest in the services we provide, and inform users about other services and updates;
- Communicate administrative announcements when we need to provide users with information that may affect their use of the services we provide;
- Communicate marketing and promotional offers and events to our users;
- Provide customer service;
- Match and connect you to a tutor in order to facilitate your language learning experience; and
- Perform other business activities as described when we collect the information.
As part of your registration on our website to use our services, you agree that you may receive certain administrative communications from us, such as administrative announcements and customer service messages regarding our services and products during the period that we provide services to you. You may not opt out of receiving such administrative communications.
Email marketing: With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates.
Conversations on Telegram Messenger: We make use of the Telegram Messenger app in order to connect tutors and students and deliver content to you. These interactions/conversations take place within a Telegram group chat consisting of, but not limited only to the student, the tutor, Uthinibot aka Titshala Bot (an automated chatbot) and Uthini Support, an account monitored by Uthini product managers. All messages sent as part of this group chat will be visible to the student, the tutor, Uthinibot aka Titshala Bot, Uthini Support. Messages may also be visible to any other tutors who introduced into the group chat in order to help facilitate lessons.
Telegram Messenger is a third-party app and is in no way affiliated to Uthini. By using our services, you agree to the use of Telegram Messenger. Telegram Messenger requires your cell phone number in order to register. This number will be visible to those participating in the Telegram group chat referred to in the previous paragraph.
Our website may use automatic information obtained through cookies and Web beacons to operate and improve. We may also use automatic information alone or in combination with personal information about our customers to provide personalized information about Uthini.co.za or any of our services.
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at any time, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
Our store, when operational, is hosted on Ecwid, Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Ecwid Inc.’s data storage, databases and the general Ecwid, Inc application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Ecwid, Inc. may store your credit card data or other payment method data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read Ecwid Inc.’s Privacy Statement here: https://www.ecwid.com/privacy-policy
We use the Telegram Messenger platform to render some of our services to you. Telegram is a free, open-source, cloud-based mobile and desktop messaging app which has a focus on security and speed. It uses a strong encryption protocol and a major focus on privacy and protecting users’ personal data.
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at email@example.com or by mail at Uthini Tech (Pty) Ltd
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]
[10 Webster Street, Boksburg, GT, 1459, South Africa]
Effective date: 2016/12/21
Template credits: Shopify, Inc.; Ecwid, Inc.